by Jennie Kim Housman
The current release version is 1.0.
Currently, site-wide administrators are given full permission for any function in the mp3-jukebox package. Users may view, vote, and download available playlists of mp3s. Only site-wide administrators can manipulate playlists and mp3s.
After downloading this package and mounting it on the site-map, the administrator needs to do a few things before the package will work:
- If you don't have it already, install the perl CPAN module; "MPEG::MP3Info" (as root):
# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install MPEG::MP3Info
- Create a staging directory for your MP3s. This directory should be world writeable. Users will place MP3s here to be scanned. We usually call it '/var/shared/mp3s'.
- Create a final destination for your MP3s. Only nsadmin needs to be able to read / write here. This creates a semi-clean directory where the MP3s are kept, separate from the craziness of a world writeable directory. We usually place it in the servers hierarchy, but NOT in the package's directory. Currently, our final destination directory is '/web/servername/mp3_files'.
- Edit the parameters for your application, and set 'MP3StagingLocation' to your staging directory's location.
- Change MP3FileLocation to the final destination directory.
- Place some MP3s in the staging directory.
- Run the scanner from the admin directory.