Please note that the following instructions are for creating a subsite directly under the main Portal subsite.
If you are creating a subsite under another subsite, you will have to substitute the appropriate directories below.
- Make a new directory for the subsite.
- cd /web/ucla/www/
- mkdir <subsite-name>
- Copy the sample files to the new subsite.
- cd <subsite-name>
- cp /web/ucla/packages/portal-subsite/www/*.* .
- CVS/SVN the new subsite
- Mount the new subsite at a URL on the development web site.
- Modify the new subsite pages as necessary.
- Move the new subsite to staging and production.
- Ask the project leader to move the pages to staging and production
- Repeat Step #3 replacing the development URL with staging and production URLs