Site Wide Search Documents
by Khy Huang
To install/upgrade/remove package, please read the sws-install.sql under the sql directory
Release Notes for SWS 4.0.1 (02/09/2001)
New & Bug fixes4
- Upgraded content-revision type support. Applications registers the
'cr_revision_in_package_id' attribute with pot_service. The attribute specifies
a function that returns the package id for a revision. The function should
return the package instance that is referencing the revision. Note:
the function should check for a specific application's instance, not other
application instance. (i.e. file-storage application has a function
fs_cr_revision_content that takes one parameter, revision_id, and returns the
file-storage package instance that references the revision_id (if any))
- Removed all package dynamic sql, instead used native dynamic sql for
performance and readability issues.
- Add search support for additional packages:
- news - Add support for news article. Run the news-sws.sql.
- bboard - Add support for bboard postings. Run bboard.sql and
put search-redirect.tcl (under site-wide-search/www dir) in the
- file-storage - Add support for file-storage files. Run
- Installation: Modify population of acs_content and sws_search_contents
tables. Instead of looping through rows using cursors, it uses insert-select
- Internationalization: In im_convert function, modify the 'char' variable to
use 2 varchar size to support character sets that take up two bytes.
- Internationalization characters are not searchable yet. Working on it.
- Performance tunning needed for large traffic sites